Office Financial & Insurance Policy
Some people have dental benefits while others do not. It is important for you, the patient, to recognize that treatment recommendations are not determined by insurance coverage, but rather your needs. We hope that by providing you with our policies in advance we can prevent any misunderstanding at the time of your visit.
As a courtesy, we will file a claim to your insurance company for you. The financial obligation for dental treatment is between you and our office and insurance is meant to assist you. We will collect estimated copays the day of service for in-network plans. For patients with out-of-network plans, payment-in-full is due the day of service.
- It is YOUR responsibility to know and understand your dental coverage before our office or any other dental office renders services. If you have any questions regarding your dental benefits, please contact your employer or insurance company directly. Dental benefit plans will never pay for completion of your dental care. It is meant to assist you.
- If you would like to know your insurance benefit, we will be happy to file a “pre- authorization” with your insurance company prior to treatment. Keep in mind this is not a guarantee of coverage. This does delay treatment but will give you more accurate out-of-pocket figures you may require.
- As a courtesy, we will organize a claim to submit to your insurance company, however, there is no guarantee that you will be reimbursed. It is important that you recognize that the insurance you have is a legal contract between YOU and your insurance company. Our office is not, and cannot be part of that legal contract. Ultimately, you are responsible for all charges incurred in our office.
- We accept some major PPO dental insurance plans on a yearly basis. We will obtain an estimate of covered services from your insurance company so that you will understand what your investment will be. This is only an estimate until the insurance provider makes final payment and you are responsible for full payment.
- We allow 45 days from the date a claim was filed for the insurance company to pay. If no payment is received in this time, you will be responsible for the entire balance. We will not become involved in disputes between you and your insurance provider regarding coverage or benefit criteria. We will provide factual information requested by the insurance company in order to process your claim. You are responsible for the timely payment of your balance.
- Any change or cancellation to your appointment must be made with at least a 48 hour notice to avoid a $35 fee. Failure to arrive for your appointment will also result in a $35 fee.
- There will be a $35 returned check fee on the first offense. Any subsequent returns will result in your account being flagged for cash or credit card only.
- We have a fee for duplication of records $1 per page, with a maximum fee of $50.
- Monthly statements are mailed for outstanding balances. If your account becomes 90 days past due, you will be mailed a certified letter and any postage fees will be added to your account. In the event that your account is turned over to a collection agency, a collection fee of 33% of your balance will be added for balances less than 1 year old and 50% of your balance if greater than 1 year.
For patients with treatment plans of $500 or more who pay the entire investment prior to the start of treatment, we will subtract a 5% pre-payment courtesy discount. Pre-payment must be made by cash or check 48 hours prior to the start of the treatment to qualify for the discount.
Pay As You Go
We accept cash, check and all major credit cards for your investment. Returned checks are subject to a $35 fee.
Third Party Financing
With fast approval from Care Credit you can get needed treatment now, while spreading your investment over a period of time. You may be eligible for no interest financing for up to 1 year for treatment plans of $500 or more. Please click on the link below for more information.
Please click on the buttons below to see other important information regarding our practice policies.
Kindly provide at least 48 hours notice for any appointment that needs to be rescheduled. Appointments cancelled in less than 24 hours may be subject to a cancellation charge.